Lemon Sugar Cookies made with fresh lemon zest. The perfect soft and sweet lemon cookie.
- 1 cup Butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest (may put more lemon zest for extra flavor)
- 3 cups Flour
- 1¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- *may put in a drop of yellow food coloring for color.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Drop dough onto light colored baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar or white sparkling sugar.
Adopted From: www.modernhoney.com