Lemon-Lime Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies filled with homemade Lemon Curd and topped with a simple Lime Icing.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- juice of ½ fresh lime
- zest of 1 small lime
- dash of salt
- 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ - ⅔ cup Lemon Curd (homemade or store bought)
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- juice of ½ fresh lime.
You can find instructions at: www.savingdessert.com