Lemon Madeleines! Your favorite French tea cake cookie with perfect notes of lemon! #baking #spring #Easter.
- non-stick baking spray to grease the pan or butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- Special equipment: a madeleine pan
- Grease your madeleine tin with baking spray or butter and set in the freezer. Additionally, you can lightly dust the pan with some flour (after the butter) as well, knocking out the excess. Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Preheat your oven 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small saucepan melt the butter, and stir in the sugar, honey and lemon zest. Lightly beat the eggs, and temper them into the butter mixture. Whisk into the flour mixture to make a smooth batter. Remove your tin from the freezer and pour the batter into the molds and bake until the cakes are puffed up, golden around the edges and cooked through, for 10 to 12 minutes.
Adopted From: www.hipfoodiemom.com