Raw Peanut Butter Cookies - perfect for vegetarians, vegans, people with a gluten/sugar-free lifestyle.
- 1 cup raw, or dry-roasted, whole almonds (or almond meal)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- If you're using whole almonds, process them until they resemble a coarse meal.
- Add the dates, peanut butter and vanilla; if you're using already-prepared almond meal, just toss all the ingredients into the food processor together. If the nut butter isn't salted, you may add a few pinches of salt.
- Process the ingredients until the mixture starts to form a dough, about 2 minutes. If it doesn't seem to come together, add another tablespoon or two of peanut butter and process again.
- Form the dough into walnut-sized balls and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Press each ball gently with a fork to make the classic peanut butter cookie criss-cross pattern.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Adopted From: www.sweetestkitchen.com